FROM THE FIELD: THOM NICKELS
My weekly columns and features on a wide variety of topics.
Total Pageviews
Popular Posts
Mary Ann Mitchell and Elmo Smith
I have neighbors who like to say, “Be careful” whenever I leave my house and head into Center City. The cautionary words annoy me. They anno...
Monk Thomas Merton's Great Love Affair
Recently I reread the journals of Trappist monk, Thomas Merton, author of the best selling book, The Seven Story Mountain, written shortl...
(no title)
THE BLACK MASS WITHIN VATICAN WALLS A recent US Catholic bishops meeting in Baltimore made a claim that there were far too few active Cath...
The Philadelphia Accent
What does it mean to talk like a Philadelphian? Unfortunately, having a Philadelphia accent doesn’t carry the same cache as having a Boston,...
A Man Jumps to His Death in Center City Philadelphia
The Local Lens Published• Wed, Oct 23, 2013 By Thom Nickels When I ran into my friend Eric in Center City recently, he said he wanted ...
Islam is a Political System (From The Bulletin)
Tom Trento, Director of the Florida Security Council , was in Philadelphia last year to showcase the film, “ The Third Jihad ,” and to share...
Philadelphia's Morris House; from ICON Magazine, April 2012
In Philadelphia’s Morris House at 225 South 8th Street, I extend my hand to Julie Morris Disston, whom I am meeting for the first time. The ...
Matthias Baldwin Park
MATTHIAS BADLWIN WAS A VERY NICE MAN Will the City--and his so-called friends-- uphold that lega...
My Mother Meets Linda Lovelace
In 1973, my mother met Deep Throat superstar Linda Lovelace when the actress was in Philadelphia starring in a comedy called Pa...
The Last Word, Philly's Charles Morris Price School and The Poor Richard Club (From ICON Magazine, February 2012)
THE LAST WORD (From ICON Magazine, February 2012) The neighborhood near Philad...
Saturday, March 20, 2010
My Visit with Composer George Crumb and his Famous Actress/Singer Daughter, Ann Crumb
A lengthy interview with Ann Crumb will be published in a future issue of ICON Magazine. Here we see George Crumb at work.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment